Any changes we may make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page.
The primary purpose of our website is to be a dynamic resource and business tool to help you learn more about Europlan UK and its activities, giving you the best user experience possible, and in some cases, developing a personal relationship with you to provide you with customized services and information. We want you to feel secure when visiting our website and are committed to maintaining your privacy when doing so.
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
If you have any questions now or during your visit, please contact us using our Contact Us form.
What we collect
Europlan UK collects information at its websites in two ways: directly (for example, when you provide information to sign up for an event, newsletter or register to comment on a forum website); and indirectly (for example, through our website's technology).
We may collect and process the following information:
- a. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes registering to use the website, subscribing to services, newsletters and alerts, registering for an event or requesting a Europlan UK publication.
- b. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- c. We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- d. Any postings, comments or other content that you upload or post to a Europlan UK website.
- e. Our website may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to filter traffic, to look up user domains and to report on statistics.
- f. Details of your visits to our website, the pages you view and resources you access or download, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data). Please see the Cookies section below for more information.
When this information relates to or identifies you, we will treat it as "personal data".
The type of personal data we collect and use at our website and in connection with our business activities includes:
- a. your name and job title;
- b. organisation you work for;
- c. address;
- d. email address;
What we do with the information we gather
Europlan UK uses personal data of our clients and other business contacts in various ways to develop and strengthen our client and business relationships, provide information about our company, services and publications and communicate about and market our services. For example:
- a. To fulfil your requests for newsletters, white papers or other content we provide on the website.
- b. For surveys or research questionnaires.
- c. To improve our services to you or personalize your experience at our website.
- d. To contact you for marketing purposes where you have agreed to this.
We may also analyze your IP and browser information to determine what is most effective about our website, to help us identify ways to improve it and make it more effective. Please see the Cookies section below for more information.
Sharing your personal data with outside parties
We will not sell personal data to third parties. We generally only share personal data with our contracted service providers and advisors. However, there will be other times when we need to share or disclose personal data you provide for a specific purpose, for example:
- a. In the case of an event where we need to provide our caterer with meal preference information or we are running a joint event and have informed you that the data will be shared with our partners. But again, we will notify you as to why we are asking for specific information and it is completely up to you whether you want to provide it;
- b. We may need to disclose your personal data to third parties in the event that we sell or liquidate any part of our business or assets;
Handling sensitive personal data
We do not generally seek to collect sensitive personal data through this site.
The term "sensitive personal data" refers to the various categories of personal data identified by European and other data privacy laws as requiring special treatment, including in some circumstances the need to obtain explicit consent. These categories may include personal identity numbers, financial account information, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical or other similar beliefs, membership of a trade union or profession or trade association, physical or mental health, biometric or genetic data, sexual life, or criminal record (including information about suspected criminal activities).
We take appropriate steps to maintain the security of personal data collected via Europlan UK’s website. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You should understand that the open nature of the Internet is such that information and personal data may flow over networks connecting you to our systems without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. They allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
You can find more information about cookies
at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. For a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
By using Europlan UK website you agree that we can place cookies on your device. If you want to remove existing cookies from your device you can do this using your browser options. If you want to block future cookies being placed on your device you can change your browser settings to do this.
Please bear in mind that deleting and blocking cookies will have an impact on your user experience as parts of our website may no longer work. Unless you have adjusted your browser settings to block cookies, our system will issue cookies as soon as you visit our website or click a link in a targeted email we have sent you, even if you have previously deleted our cookies.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we hold information, you are entitled to have access to that personal data and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You can do this by using our Contact Us form.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible so we can delete or correct it promptly.
You can exercise your right to prevent marketing communications to you by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal data, or by utilizing opt-out mechanisms in e-mails we send to you. You can also exercise the right to discontinue marketing communications to you at any time by using our Contact Us form.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for here, or have a concern about our use of your personal data, please use the Contact Us form.